Slaan oor na hoofinhoud

"Small Beginnings and a Great, Big God..."

Hello Beloved Readers,

Welcome to November's NasieInspirasie! (Inspiration for all Nations!)
Thank you to all the readers who gave feedback; 
to those who were blessed by Willie (The Fudge Man's story) last month. 
Many more blessings to come! 
God uses ordinary people; you and me to do extraordinary things! 

This brings me to the extraordinary life and times of 
Canticle Coffee and Music Lounge Owner, Liezl Hobbs.
I was so inspired by her life changing story 
and believe this one will hit the spot for you to!
Her story is one of courage and determination, 
God's faithfulness and about the dream God has entrusted her with. 

Liezl Hobbs

THE INTERVIEW

1. Tell us a bit more about yourself.
I was born, went to school and spent most of my life in the Kalahari. After school I joined a Performing Christian Dance and Drama group traveling South Africa. Our main focus was to take the ARTS back for God. This has been a dream for me still today and includes all forms of art; be it poetry, painting, photography, dancing, music and more. 

2. What does the word Canticle mean?
It is a musical term which means: "Sacred Hymn, Praising the God of the Bible". That is what we do here and that is what we want to keep doing here.

3. How did this Dream (small beginning) start?
In about 1999 I started working as a waiter at a big franchise restaurant which I really enjoyed! Others do it because they have to and they need the money, I really enjoyed doing it. It was always an exciting challenge for me to make sure the 'unhappy customer' walked out of there 'happy' and  to the extent that he would remain happy with our service and also becoming the regular customer! 
Later I was promoted to a position of training other waiters. 

During this time, I had an unhealthy lifestyle - one that many waiters choose so that they can get through their shifts. Due to prolonged trauma,  I became very, very ill... I eventually lost my job due to illness and it was when I was in this dark and lonely place I spoke to God and told Him about this dream in my heart:  Owning my own coffee shop. Not one where the atmosphere is of such high pressures that the waiters feel they need to swallow a pill to keep them going but just the exact opposite! One with a Kingdom atmosphere and one that supports, inspires, unlocks and reclaims ART. Poetry, Photography, Art Gallery, Music and in the future I would like to incorporate Dance here as well.

4. When you were in this dark place, could you SEE this dream becoming a REALITY?
Not at all. To be honest, I was very close to death during this time. If someone didn't reach out to me during this time I probably would have been dead already...this is a fact. I weighed about 38 kg and was on a drip at one point for anorexia. During this mess I spoke to God and asked Him for a few things and this dream was one of them. It was an amazing realization when I sat here in this coffee shop and remembered how I asked Him for this years ago. I couldn't see this dream at all at this point, I just reached out to God in desperation and in the mess of it He heard me. 

Due to prolonged trauma, mentioned earlier,  I became very ill with Sensory Processing Disorder (Sensory processing disorder or SPD is a neurological disorder causing difficulties with taking in, processing, and responding to sensory information about the environment and from within one's own body (visual, auditory, tactile, olfaction, gustatory, vestibular, and proprioception.- Wikipedia) 
It is a sensory overload. I couldn't SEE myself running this coffee shop and battling this illness. When I started here I could hardly be in here for 10 minutes and then had to walk out because I couldn't cope with it. The fact that I'm sitting here is a miracle. There was a long road of healing for me to reach this point.

5. How did God reveal Himself to you during this process?
a Woman in ministry took me into her home and  I was sick in bed. I would lie with a black towel over my eyes, couldn't switch on a light, couldn't hear a noise because my body couldn't handle it. She came to me and gave me a dvd (the Finger of God) and asked me to watch it. Because of SPD I couldn't watch it so I decided to just listen to it for a few moments at a time. When I did this, for the first time I realized, There is Hope. Hope is what pulled me out of bed! a While later I heard about this coffee shop in the Sinoville shopping centre that wanted to close due to problems they were having and I stepped in and wanted to take it over. There were others also interested, but they eventually came back to me and when they did I took time out for prayer and this is when God gave me Word and confirmed that He wanted me to step into this.
I still stand on this Promise today no matter what circumstances look like.

6. Who are the People who supported you and shared this Dream with you?
My Mother, she is my intercessor and always ready to pray for me. My Coffee shop team, Marlene and Elmien who are people I can depend on. They share my Vision. To bring heaven to earth. Also Eunice who wrote the 'Miracle of New Life' Book we have on sale here (a Journal for expectant mothers with a biblical perspective). She was with me from beginning to now. We built this place together. Mostly her... we did all the physical hard labor and even did our own plumbing. Heidi Baker and Bill Johnson, although they don't know me, their teachings are like spiritual pillars in my life today. 

7. I've seen you Play the guitar and sing. Are you also involved in other music projects?
No, I would like to work more towards getting involved in music and playing my guitar. I am leading worship on the evening of the 30th of November, here at the Coffee Shop at around 7pm.

8. What is the public taking away with them when they visit your Coffee & Music Lounge?
There are a lot of people who only come here and only sit here because they feel safe and accepted and they can think straight. There is one lady who comes here and has told me before that she has to come at least once a day, with or without friends, then she knows she can get through her day. I don't want to preach to people I want them to walk in here and FEEL HOPE, to MEET HOPE. It excites me when I receive feedback from  people who confirm that it is indeed HOPE that they are meeting and experiencing here.

9. Did you ever feel like giving up? 
100's of times! I've given up about 10 times for real! I threw things down and walked out of here and thought I wouldn't come back, but I think it is also because we were pioneers in this area. The onslaught from the enemy is at a different level. Eunice was a great support, but there were also times when both of us gave up and sat crying. We prayed through it, especially Eunice. One day, for example, I had problems with my staff which were very worrisome to me. The next moment a lady walked in and and said; Listen God says you mustn't worry about your staff problems. He will sort it out for you! Let me tell you God has been there every time I have given up. I have 100's of these stories of how God has supernaturally kept this Dream going. 

10. What's next for Canticle?
We have a Vision to incorporate Poetry and a Dance School.
I know God will provide for this also as He has been faithful thus far! Artists can also get involved in our art gallery. Other activities the public can get involved in are our worship evenings once a month and a woman's support group every Thursday evening.




I had so much fun talking to Liezl and from the bottom of my heart would like to
Thank Liezl Hobbs and her team for making themselves available 
and for making a difference in this community. 
Please visit them in the Sinoville shopping centre 
(c/o Marija and Brac str) in Pretoria.
Join the Canticle Group on Facebook!


For regular updates remeber to 'Like' NasieInspirasie on Facebook.
and Follow me on Twitter: iskra (@Grensbreker) 

With Lots of NasieInspirasie Love,

iskra



Opmerkings

Gewilde plasings van hierdie blog

Die klippie in my skoen - geskryf deur iskra

Wat 'n knaende verraad! Daardie klippie in die skoen. Daardie ding wat krap en pla en mens soms verleë laat. Dis 'n pes as jy dalk jaag van hier na daar, soveel dinge wat aan jou trek; jou aandag vat; daar is nie tyd nie! Vir jou om net te kan sit, skoen uittrek en die verdomde ding uitgooi! Pfffeeeu...! Wat 'n verligting as hy eers weg is! So klein dingetjie met soveel praat in sy kneuse...daardie klippie in die skoen. (Talk about rubbing me up the wrong way!) Ons het almal maar ons klippies. Klein goedjies wat haak en pla. Daagliks knaag dit aan ons..maal dit rond in ons koppe, laatnag, wannneer ons eintlik moet slaap... Ons veiligheid. Ons kinders se toekoms, gesondheid. Hoe gaan jy hierdie maand daardie rekening betaal? Jou huwelik of 'n vriendskap is dalk op 'n snaakse plek of selfs naby skipbreek? Dalk ons eie gesondheid wat 'n lelike rapport gekry het... 'n finale een...wat jou asem weggeruk het...wat jou, die mense om jou, dae en minute met '

Vir Die Voëls - Premiere & Resensie

#NasieInspirasie was genooi deur Starburst Promotions na die Premiere van "Vir Die Voëls" - 'n Film wat gebasseer is op die ware verhaal van Irma Humpel en Sampie De Klerk  (Vertolk deur  Simoné Nortmann  en Francois Jacobs - Foto) Sou mens kyk na die diereryk en die natuur in geheel is daar beslis baie lewenswaarhede wat daaruit gering kan word. So word dit ook vertel in die nuwe film en impakvolle storie van Irma Humpel en Sampie De Klerk, se "Vir die Voëls . Huisgenoot het hulle 100ste bestaansjaar gevier, 'n kompetisie geloods en lesers genooi om hulle liefdesverhaal te deel. Huisgenoot vertel die wenner se storie op die silwerdoek met behulp van Kyknet en Factory Films. "Vir die Voëls" vertel die ware verhaal van Irma Humpel (Simoné Nortmann), ’n korrelkop-rabbedoe wat in ’n trourok voor die kansel beland langs die seun wat haar kleintyd onophoudelik geterg het. Tot kort tevore was haar kop op ’n blok dat onafhanklikheid die enigste vorm van

#Bakgat Gesondheidsbeskuit

My ouma het altyd gesê: “As jy kan lees, kan jy bak”. Ek het dit altyd geglo en wyd en syd verkondig, maar vandat ek self begin bak het vir ‘n lewe, het ek agtergekom dat jy meer leer met ondervinding as wat enige resep jou kan vertel. Soos ek dan nou hierdie resep met julle deel, deel ek dan ook my ondervinding, wat ‘n paar vrae dalk vir julle sal opklaar en natuurlik die mite dat beskuit moeilik is om te bak van die tafel afhaal. Bestandele: 1kg Bran Rich Self Raising Flour  (of gewone self raising flour as jy nie so baie van semels hou nie) 10ml Bakpoeier 10ml Sout 125ml Klapper 250ml Sonneblom sade 100ml Rosyne 50ml fyn gekapte neute van jou keuse 500ml All Bran Flakes  (goedkoper bran flakes ook goed, maar proe nie so lekker nie) 250ml Suiker (wit of bruin, maak nie saak nie) 500ml Oats (maak nie saak watter ‘brand’ nie) 500g Botter (gesmelt) 500ml Karringmelk Hierdie is die basis waarvan af ek werk. As ek nie bv. Oats of rosyne het nie, sal ek dit vervang met dieselfde