Damiane puts the lekker back into local by enjoying, developing and sharing his photographic talent, inspiring people nationwide.
1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself!
Hi, my name is Damiane and I have a beard! I grew up in the 012 and have been living in the beautiful 012 all along! Yes I've desired to live in Kazakhstan but I realized that Borat was just a movie so I decided to just stick around Pretoria!
2. How and when did you discover your passion/talent for photography?
Well I always believed I was going to become an architect so I went and studied interior design straight after school. I managed to graduate and work within the industry for 2 years. During that time I discovered my passion for photography and decided to quit my job and start a company with a legendary partner!
3. Do you have one specific photo that has a story- that means a lot to you? Please share the photo and story.
Yes, this photo was created with a competition that I entered to win a new iPhone 6, the brief was "why should we give you the iPhone 6" and I decided to show that my old phone was dying now so I needed a new one! And so I wooooon!!
4. Big things have small beginnings. What encouragement would you offer to someone starting out as a photographer?
My encouragement to any photographer starting out whether young or old would be to not try and become the best, but be the best at who you are now. I remember trying to be the best so hard and it hindered my progress because I constantly measured myself to how good I felt I had to be. When I decided to just learn from where I was at the moment, I started enjoying the process more than my progress!
5. How would you like your photography to impact South Africans in particular.
I would love my photography to inspire people to do something they love...but more importantly share it with the world.
6. Do you have other hobbies; things that you are passionate about?
Yes!! I love reading lately, but more than that I've loved working out and transitioning into a more healthy lifestyle, but most of all I love spending time with my soooooon wife-to-be!!
7. Name your top 5 bands you enjoy listening to.
I love Johnnyswim, Bon Iver, Jack Garrat, Elevation Worship and Matt Corby
8. How can readers connect with you?
I'm @damianedidit on Instagram
9. There are so many inspiring quotes, but which one inspires you at the moment?
"Just be a nice human" I love that, it's so simple and helps us all to remember that by just being nice, we can play a part in making society a better place for everyone!